Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Statement and Query

1. I haven't written regularly of late, and there are personal reasons. None of them grave or terrible; quite the opposite. However, I'm also working on trying to turn Infinite Jets into a book. If anyone has any ideas on how to make that happen (other than writing it), I'd be extremely grateful. You can e-mail me if you like with ideas, encouragement, discouragements. All are welcome. Meanwhile I will be updating here, but slowly. Please be patient with me. I also plan on making a trip to both Florham Park and Canton for Curtis Martin's induction into the Hall of Fame.

2. I've asked this before, but I think it was when even fewer people were reading the blog back in the day (2007, probably): Does anyone recall an advertisement (circa 1998) depicting a father sitting in a Jets shirt with his infant son, watching Joe Namath in Super Bowl III, looking at his son and saying something about "team loyalty?" The gist of it is that as the son grows up, he notices that his father switches his allegiance to whichever team is a winner - the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, 49ers, et al., while the son remains a Jets fan. Then as we see them watching Vinny Testaverde on TV, the father has obviously switched back to the Jets, saying, "Loyalty, son." The Interwebs are not helping me with this one. What was the ad for? Where can I find it? Is this just my imagination?

No comments: